Before Watching "Necessary Evil"
Tim
2007-01-06 19:29:43 UTC
Before watching "A Necessary Evil" this week, you may want to read the
synopsis for the the tie-in Hercules episode "Surprise" (which aired the
same day "Destiny" did). It better explains how Callisto got out of
Tartarus and ended up an immortal trapped in the Labyrinth of the Gods than
the tiny monologue Callisto speaks in "A Necessary Evil." Check it out:

http://www.whoosh.org/epguide/herk/h312_49_surprise.html

Tim
http://home.earthlink.net/~dingbattyone/atxstuf/sched.html
poker88
2007-01-06 22:38:08 UTC
I watched that ep hoping to see how Callisto got the scar on her face
but I don't remember seeing her get it. Did I miss something?
Tim
2007-01-07 01:26:32 UTC
Post by poker88
I watched that ep hoping to see how Callisto got the scar on her face
but I don't remember seeing her get it. Did I miss something?
At just under 37 minutes into the episode, Callisto lunges at Hercules. He
dodges, and Callisto runs right into one of the (burning) branches of the
Tree of Life with her face. In "A Necessary Evil," she tells Xena that she
was "scarred by fire."

Tim
http://home.earthlink.net/~dingbattyone/atxstuf/sched.html
poker88
2007-01-07 19:09:35 UTC
Post by Tim
At just under 37 minutes into the episode, Callisto lunges at Hercules. He
dodges, and Callisto runs right into one of the (burning) branches of the
Tree of Life with her face. In "A Necessary Evil," she tells Xena that she
was "scarred by fire."
Thanks. I may have to rewatch that episode so that I can watch for
that.
Ahroo
2007-01-07 19:27:12 UTC
Post by Tim
Before watching "A Necessary Evil" this week, you may want to read the
synopsis for the the tie-in Hercules episode "Surprise" (which aired the
same day "Destiny" did). It better explains how Callisto got out of
Tartarus and ended up an immortal trapped in the Labyrinth of the Gods than
http://www.whoosh.org/epguide/herk/h312_49_surprise.html
Tim
--
Thanks for the info, Tim. I don't think I ever saw that Herc episode (never
much of a HTLJ fan), so it definitely filled in a few gaps for me!

Laura
David E. Milligan
2007-01-07 21:16:48 UTC
Post by Ahroo
Post by Tim
Before watching "A Necessary Evil" this week, you may want to read the
synopsis for the the tie-in Hercules episode "Surprise" (which aired the
same day "Destiny" did). It better explains how Callisto got out of
Tartarus and ended up an immortal trapped in the Labyrinth of the Gods than
http://www.whoosh.org/epguide/herk/h312_49_surprise.html
Tim
--
Thanks for the info, Tim. I don't think I ever saw that Herc episode
(never much of a HTLJ fan), so it definitely filled in a few gaps for me!
Laura
While recapping "Necessary" I read over the synopsis and script of
'Surprise', thinking I hadn't seen it, but there was so much that was
familiar -- people going crazy and Herc's mother about to jump to her death.
What I *DIDN'T* remember was everything Callisto-related.
Weird!!!
David
poker88
2007-01-08 00:44:43 UTC
I watched the ep today and I'm so glad that I did. It was awesome.
One of my favorite Herc eps (I haven't actually watched many so this
isn't saying much <g>). Hudson, as always, was wonderful as Callisto.
She played it a little differently than she did on Xena though.
Callisto seemed a little dumber and a little less dominant. The Whoosh
page suggested that she was almost child-like, which isn't a bad
description.
Tim
2007-01-08 18:24:25 UTC
Post by Ahroo
Post by Tim
Before watching "A Necessary Evil" this week, you may want to read
the synopsis for the the tie-in Hercules episode "Surprise" (which
aired the same day "Destiny" did). It better explains how Callisto
got out of Tartarus and ended up an immortal trapped in the Labyrinth
of the Gods than
http://www.whoosh.org/epguide/herk/h312_49_surprise.html
Tim
--
Thanks for the info, Tim.
You're welcome!
Post by Ahroo
I don't think I ever saw that Herc episode
(never much of a HTLJ fan),
Neither am I, really. Oddly, however, I still ended up buying all six
seasons of HTLJ on DVD. I'm just too obsessed with all those crossover
characters (Autolycus, et al). And there are actually a few episodes
from each season I enjoy watching occassionally, especially the ones
which take place in the Sovereign's universe.

Tim